Disclaimer

The author of this blog is a complete nut-case and should not be taken any more seriously than a broken shoe hanging on the friendly neighbourhood truck's bumper. Any reference to person(s) real or imaginary is because of a multi-dimensional specie of super intelligent mice and therefore not his fault.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Meh

A few weeks back, Alka told me that there is a sort of a group of artists in Delhi where people meet up and generally mingle. I was pretty excited and finally went today. And what happened? I wasted four hours of my time listening to kids in a choir practice.

The good:
  • They can use harmonies like crazy. Very nicely strung out vocal ensemble.

The bad:
  • The average Joe in the group is still in school. I feel too old.
  • The music they play is too hopeful for my taste (To give a sample, "giants/ do fall/ the higher they are/ the harder they fall" ... ugh!)

The ugly:
  • The vocal choir has no creative control. In fact no one has creative control besides a rather small clique of people. I am too big an egoist to be a part of something like that.
All things being said, the group is quite good if you are looking for sort of a free vocal class. You will definitely get your Harmonies under control. But sadly no use to me (not because I am an awesome vocalist but because I am not a vocalist at all!).

The group is called Artists Unlimited. Look them up if you like.

No comments: